It Was You
By Anna Cruise
Publication Date-February 28, 2013
Published By- Mission Bay Publishing
Abby Sellers knows what she wants.
Enduring eighteen years in the shadow of her identical twin sister, Annika, she wants a fresh start. A chance to create her own life, separate from her conniving, deceptive twin.
Surprising both her family and friends, Abby ditches her plans for college and enrolls at a new school instead. There, she encounters West Montgomery, a sexy fellow student who immediately disarms her with his good looks and charm. West takes a liking to Abby and she suddenly finds herself walking a thin line, fabricating a fictional life created not by lies but by omission. She soon discovers West has secrets of his own, secrets that he's not altogether interested in sharing.
Out from under the shadow of her twin, Abby's life—and her relationship with West—blossoms. When Abby leaves town one weekend, something unthinkable happens and her relationship with West is shattered. Reeling from the discovery, Abby fears all of her plans have backfired and she's created a mess for both of them, a mess that no one can clean up.
But West isn't willing to let her go that easily. When he forces her to confront secrets they've both been hiding, Abby must decide more than if she's willing to forgive and forget. She must also decide just what kind of life she wants...and who she wants to live it with.
It Was Me
(It Was You, #2)
All West Montgomery wanted was a vacation. A week-long stay in Tucson with Abby and her parents, a chance to get away for the week, the opportunity to get to know her family a little better and maybe carve out a little alone time with his girlfriend.
What he doesn't count on is finding a way to resume his baseball career.
Encouraged by Abby and her father to attend a MLB open tryout, West discovers that he can still play ball—well—and he suddenly becomes the hottest commodity on the field. Overwhelmed with offers and possibilities, West knows that whatever choice he makes will affect more than his baseball career. It will affect his future with Abby.
Professional baseball was always his dream, but Abby was a new dream come true. He doesn't want to choose between them, but in order to fulfill one of those dreams, West will have to.
Because he knows it's all on him.
About the Author
Anna Cruise has been writing -- and drooling over boys -- since middle school. Lots of years have passed but some things never change...
Her books include the best-seller IT WAS YOU (New Adult), IF I FALL (Mature YA) and MAVERICK (New Adult). Additional titles releasing in 2013 will include a follow-up to Abby and West's story from IT WAS YOU.
Anna loves to hear from readers and authors. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also like her Facebook page, find her on Twitter @AnnaCruiseBooks or friend her on Goodreads.
Top 10 ways you love to relax
Relax? What is that? I have needy kids and demanding cats and a schedule that spirals out of control on a daily basis. I never relax.
However, I try. And, more often than not, I try with alcohol. Yeah, call me a lush. I won't hate you. Or say you're wrong.
So here, in no particular order, are my top 10 drinks for trying to get my tightly wound self to relax.
- Smirnoff Ice Pineapple – Okay, this is seriously like the nectar of the gods. No joke. I have yet to find a malt drink I like better. It's that good.
- Surly Furious – Surly is a local Minneapolis brewery. A four-pack of Surly will set you back $8 bucks. Trust me – it is the best $8 you'll ever spend on beer.
- Red Trolley – Another local beer, but this one is from the Karl Strauss Brewery in San Diego. I don't live there anymore so I keep an emergency stash in my fridge (thanks, Darren) for when I'm really homesick for my hometown.
- Cherry vodka – mix this with any soda. I dare you. It will always taste good. Always.
- Pineapple vodka – this +orange juice+crushed ice = nirvana.
- Captain Morgan's – I've loved this since I was in college. A splash of CM and diet Coke and I'm taken right back to nights hanging out at the bars in Pacific Beach.
- Dos Equis – there aren't many Mexican beers I don't like. Growing up in San Diego and crossing the border into Tijuana to hit the dance clubs, I knocked back my fair share of them in my teens and twenties. Dos Equis was always my favorite.
- Pacifico – but this one was a close second... :)
- Hurricane – this blends a ton of my favorite flavors. I don't make them but I sure as hell like to order them when I'm out.
- Leinenkugel Summer Shandy – total mouthful, right? This is a beer mixed with lemonade flavor. Doesn't sound good? TRY. IT. One of my most favorite summer drinks ever.
Alright, there you have it. My top ten drinks, which, in reality, are my top ten ways to relax. Never all in one night...because then I would never get anything done.
Check out the Facebook Event for the tour.