Saturday, October 18, 2014

VALKYRIE INVASION WEEK!! Day 6 - Witches by Ednah Walters


 
Hey all, we're almost at the end of our Valkyrie Invasion Week. It's been fun, yeah? ^_^
 
For those that are only now just joining us...So far we've shared, B1 Runes, B2 Immortals, B2.5 Grimnirs, B3 Seeress, Grimnirs B2, Souls. Each post has a little added bonus just for fun. ^_^ You can scroll down to catch the other posts or you can click the titles above.
 
Today I'll be sharing with you Ednah Walters upcoming book in the Runes series, Witches. This book isn't due for release until December.
 
 We here at Sassy Book Lovers would love to wish Author Ednah Walters a very Happy Birthday today. We hope all your bookish dreams come true! <3  ^_^
 
 
 
 
 
Witches
(Runes, #4)
By Ednah Walters
Release Date - December 2014
Published by - Firetrial Publishing
 
 
The Norns think they’ve won,
but it’s hard to control a teenager,
let alone a powerful one…


Raine Cooper’s life should be perfect. She’s an Immortal Seeress, most likely to be elected Prom Queen, and envied by the girls at Kayville High for dating the dreamy quarterback, Torin St. James. Instead, she’s haunted by the smug facial expressions the Norns’ wore during their last meeting.

As a Norn-In-Training, Raine crossed the line long ago when she sided with the Valkyries and Mortal Witches. When the Norns return with demands of their own, Raine feels trapped. She must repair the battle grounds and wipe out the memories of every Mortal witness. Torin tries to convince her that the Norns are manipulating her, but she refuses to listen. At least until the Norns’ demands focus on someone she loves. When Raine refuses to cooperate with them, their punishment is swift and gut-wrenching, turning her pain into fury.

Raine plots revenge on a massive scale and makes deals with unsavory allies. Her goal? Total destruction of the entire Norn race. Raine’s only hope of salvation is Torin, but how much will he sacrifice to save her?
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ednah Walters
EDNAH WALTERS grew up reading Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys and dreaming of one day writing her own stories. She is a stay-at-home mother of five humans and two American short-hair cats (one of which has ADHD) and a husband. When she is not writing, she’s at the gym doing Zumba or doing things with her family, reading, traveling or online chatting with fans.
Ednah is the author of The Guardian Legacy series, a YA fantasy series about children of the fallen angels, who fight demons and protect mankind. AWAKENED, the prequel was released by Pill Hill Press in September 2010 with rave reviews. BETRAYED, book one in the series was released by her new publisher Spencer Hill Press in June 2012 and HUNTED, the third installment, was released March 2013. She’s working on the next book in the series, FORGOTTEN.

Ednah also writes YA paranormal romance. RUNES is the first book in her new series. IMMORTALS is book 2. She just released book 3, GRIMNIRS December 2013. Read more about this series and the world she's created on this website.
Under the pseudonym E. B. Walters, Ednah writes contemporary romance. SLOW BURN, the first contemporary romance with suspense, was released in April 2011. It is the first book in the Fitzgerald family series. Since then she has published five more books in this series. She's presently working on book seven.

 



 
 
Closet Scene from Torin's POV - Runes
 
I sauntered to the doorway of Raine’s class. She was ignoring me, but I was determined to win this battle of wills. Her eyes flashed when she saw me. I grinned.
She jumped up and marched to the doorway. “Follow me.”
“Finally. I thought I’d have to go to all your classes before you stopped ignoring me.”
She ignored me, marched to the left and yanked open a broom closet door. I closed the door and studied her. She looked glorious when pissed. I was tempted to pull her into my arms and kiss her senseless. Ever since we went to the waterfalls and I told her about her runes, she acted like I didn’t exist, which wouldn’t be bad if I wasn’t so aware of her every movement at home and school. She was driving me crazy.
“What are you doing?” she asked through clenched teeth.
I glanced around. “Hiding in a broom closet with you. Do people really make out in tight places like this?” I hoped so because I wanted to make out with her.
Her eyes narrowed as though she read my mind. “Why are you stalking me?”
“I don’t like to be ignored.”
She rolled my eyes. “So you humiliated my history teacher to get my attention?”
I grinned. “It worked, didn’t it? And no, I didn’t humiliate Mr. Finney. I challenged him. He’s actually a smart guy. Tomorrow he’ll be armed with facts to refute everything I said, which was all bullshit anyway. I’m looking forward to another—”
“No, you’re not coming to my classes tomorrow, Torin.”
“If you ignore me again—”
She sighed. “What do you want from me?”
“Everything.” I wanted her to be mine. Not just now. Forever. But from the flash of panic in her eyes, she wasn’t ready to hear it. I shook my head. “We need to talk. I’ll wait for you outside during lunch.”
“I can’t. I’m meeting Eirik.”
Screw Eirik. Every time I see him touch her, I wanted to rip his arm off. “Fine. Then have dinner with me.”
She shook her head. “I can’t do this, Torin. I want my old life back. It was sane, predictable, maybe a little boring—”
“A little?”
“But it was mine, and I loved it,” she finished as though I hadn’t spoken. “I don’t want to be hauled in front of the principal because I’m talking to people no one else can see. I don’t want weird writings appearing on my body whenever I’m hurt. I don’t want to travel at abnormal speed. I want a normal life with normal people.”
“But you’re…” not normal.
“I’m what?”
She was special even though she refused accept it. The runes I’d seen on her arms weren’t like any I’d seen before.
“You can’t even tell me what I am, let alone what you are, can you?” she asked. “You know what, it doesn’t matter. I’ll find out on my own.”
My chest tightened, imagining her going to Andris and Maliina for answers. They were both too volatile and unpredictable. “Stay away from Andris and the girls.”
“Why? You scared they might tell me the truth? Like why I’m under the protection of Goddess Freya? Yeah, I learned that last night from Ingrid. Imagine what I’ll know by tomorrow. Stay away from me and my friends.” She reached for the doorknob and I reacted.
I pressed my hand on the door and stopped her from opening it. “I can’t. I promised to protect you, and I plan to keep my promise. Maliina is unhinged and fixated on you, and without Andris to keep an eye on her, there’s no telling how far she’ll go to hurt you. I can’t let that happen. I won’t let that happen. I know I said things that scared you, and I’m sorry I did. You want space to deal with what you’ve learned?” She didn’t respond. “Fine. I’ll give you space. But please, don’t ask me to stay away from you or walk away. My greatest fear is Maliina will learn where you live and attack you when I’m not there.”
Raine’s chin lifted. “I’ll be fine.”
“No, you won’t. You’re not an Immortal. There’s just so much self-healing you can do before your body shuts down.”
Silence followed and I wondered what she was thinking. The vulnerability in her eyes bugged the Hel out of me. I wanted her throwing snarky comments, her eyes spitting fire at me.
“Who will protect me from you, Torin?” she whispered.
Where in Hel’s Mist did that come from? Couldn’t she understand I’d do anything for her? “I’d never hurt you, Freckles. I would condemn myself to eternal servitude to Hel than harm a single strand of your hair.”
Her eyes widened and filled with tears. I wanted to take her into my arms and make her pain go away, but she lifted her chin and whispered, “I have to go.”

 
 
 ******************************************
 
 
Ohhhhh Torin...... *sigh* -_^
 
 
Wow this weeks gone so fast, it's been loads of fun sharing with you one of my fave series. I hope you've enjoyed this as much as I have. Pop back in tomorrow for our last post of the week, we have an awesome giveaway to enter.
 
Make sure to add this series to your tbr list, trust me, you won't regret a second!! ^_^
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...