Thursday, October 16, 2014

VALKYRIE INVASION WEEK!! Day 4 - Seeress by Ednah Walters

 

Hey all, welcome to day 4 on the Valkyrie Invasion Week. This week is about sharing with you the amazing Runes series by Ednah Walters. So far we've shared, B1 Runes, B2 Immortals, B2.5 Grimnirs, and today we're sharing B3 Seeress. Each post has a little added bonus just for fun. ^_^ You can scroll down to catch the other posts or you can click the titles above. At the end of the week we'll be having a big giveaway so that's not to be missed.
 
 
 
 
Seeress
(Runes, #3)
By Ednah Walters
Published - April 2014
Published by - Firetrail Publishing
 
 
I love Torin St. James...
I need his strength…
But someone from his past wants me dead.


Raine Cooper is certain of two things: her love for Torin St. James and her destiny to be a powerful seeress. But when she starts having premonitions, they are unclear and disturbing. Worse, they involve Torin. With her mother gone, her father dying, and her best friend in Hel, she is not sure who to talk to.

But when the visions become more personal and she foresees her future with Torin threatened by someone from his past, Raine becomes desperate for answers. Just her luck two new students arrive at her school and they seem to have answers. When with them, her powers are enhanced and her visions become clear. There is only one problem: Torin forbids Raine to see the two girls.

Can their love survive without trust?
 

 
 
Purchase
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ednah Walters

EDNAH WALTERS grew up reading Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys and dreaming of one day writing her own stories. She is a stay-at-home mother of five humans and two American short-hair cats (one of which has ADHD) and a husband. When she is not writing, she’s at the gym doing Zumba or doing things with her family, reading, traveling or online chatting with fans.
Ednah is the author of The Guardian Legacy series, a YA fantasy series about children of the fallen angels, who fight demons and protect mankind. AWAKENED, the prequel was released by Pill Hill Press in September 2010 with rave reviews. BETRAYED, book one in the series was released by her new publisher Spencer Hill Press in June 2012 and HUNTED, the third installment, was released March 2013. She’s working on the next book in the series, FORGOTTEN.

Ednah also writes YA paranormal romance. RUNES is the first book in her new series. IMMORTALS is book 2. She just released book 3, GRIMNIRS December 2013. Read more about this series and the world she's created on this website.
Under the pseudonym E. B. Walters, Ednah writes contemporary romance. SLOW BURN, the first contemporary romance with suspense, was released in April 2011. It is the first book in the Fitzgerald family series. Since then she has published five more books in this series. She's presently working on book seven.

 


The gorgeous, Raine.




Club Scene from Runes in Torin's POV
 

Music greeted me when I reached the club’s entrance. I paid the fee and walked past two buff bouncers, who eyed me suspiciously. I ignored them and entered the lounge, which brimmed with students. I recognized some from the Ultimate Frisbee game at the park.
I made eye contact with a few and nodded, but I kept my distance. I was here to keep an eye on Andris and his girls, not socialize. I hadn’t gotten a chance to have our little chat after the incident with Raine because they were hanging out with Mortals.
I gave my order and turned to give the room another sweeping glance.
“No alcohol, dude,” the bartender said. “It’s high-school night.” His eyes narrowed. “Are you sure you’re in high school?”
“Why would I be in here?” I said.
The guy smirked. “Show me some I.D.”
I wanted to flip him, maybe rune him, but we were already drawing attention. I pulled out my wallet and studied my latest I.D., New York driver’s license. I hadn’t changed it. It stated that I was twenty-five. The bartender signaled the bouncer. I rolled my eyes, grabbed a second I.D. and passed it to him.
He glanced at it and frowned. “Denmark?”
“It’s a country in Europe, legal drinking age eighteen,” I pointed out.
He exchanged a smirk with the bouncer, who retreated. “Well, this is USA, legal drinking age twenty-one.” He slapped the I.D. on the table. “So, what will it be, Denmark?”
I studied him as I would a bug I wanted to squash. Too bad I couldn’t without consequences. “Nothing.”
He smirked again.
Ignoring him, I found a corner table, sat and fixed my gaze on the door. Two guys, one with a punk haircut and electric blue side bangs and the other with a Mohawk with blond highlights, entered the lounge from the dance floor and yelled something. Half of the students got up and disappeared into the dance room. A group of four girls kept whispering and staring my way.
One of them approached my table. I cocked my brow and she stopped. She smiled nervously. “Uh, my friends and I, uh, are wondering if you’d like to join us.”
“No, I wouldn’t.”
Her smile slipped, her face turning red. She turned to leave. Raine would not have given up so quickly. She would have pushed and challenged me, until she got a rise out of me. On the other hand, she would not have asked me to join her. She didn’t like me very much.
“What’s your name?” I called out.
The girl turned around and smiled. “Jess.”
She was pretty with violet eyes and black hair. “Are you with the swim team, Jess?”
She nodded. “Yes.”
“Sit.”
She looked at her friends. “Can my friends join us too?”
I studied the other three girls and shrugged. They all started talking at once, vying for my attention. They were entertaining for about a minute, then I lost interest. They were boring. I was about to tell them to leave when Raine entered the lounge. My breath stalled.
Endless legs. Slender waist. Hair framing her breathtaking face. She took my breath away. If she were mine, I would not want to share her with anyone. My gaze didn’t leave her until she disappeared behind the partition separation the lounge from the dance floor.
“Surprise! Happy birthday, Raine,” a cheer rang out then a happy birthday started.
I stood. “Ladies,” I glanced at Jess then her friends, “I have to go.”


 
***************************************
 
 
Simply cannot get enough of Torin, just love him!!! ^_^
 
 
Pop back tomorrow for SOULS, Grimnirs book 2. We have something special with a certain hot reaper named, Echo! -_^
 
 
HAPPY READING!!
 


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...