Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Review- The Blood Countess by Tara Moss

Title- The Blood Countess (Pandora English #1)
Author- Tara Moss
Genre- Paranormal
Release Date- 2010
Publisher- Pan Macmillan Australia

Blurb- Pandora English is no ordinary small town orphan. When she's invited to live with her mysterious Great-Aunt Celia in New York City, she seizes the opportunity to escape her stifling hometown break from her tragic past and make it as a writer. Things, however, are not what she is expecting. For starters, her great-aunt's gothic mansion is in a mist-wreathed Manhattan suburb that doesn't appear on maps. And then there's Celia herself - a former designer to the stars of Hollywood's Golden Age - who is elegant, unnaturally young and always wearing a veil. Pandora lands a job at a fashion magazine and her first assignment is covering the A-list launch of the latest miracle cream, BloodofYouth. But something is not right about the product, nor Athanasia, the drop-dead beautiful face of the brand. It seems there may be a secret ingredient in BloodofYouth, a secret worth 
killing for...

Review-  So it took me a little while to actually get started on the book (mother and housewife duties) but once I got to sit down and read it I couldn't stop. Not only was the plot of the story intriguing but it was really easy to read. I had it done within a couple of hours. This is the first book that Tara Moss has written that I have read. I could tell from the way she described everything in the book that she did a lot of research before she started writing. I loved that. Reading this has made me want to read more of her books. You could see the dedication she put into her research through her writing. I sense that she put a bit of herself in Pandora (the main character). She is very driven and curious. Always looking for the answers, determined to get to the bottom of mysteries. I have met Tara Moss once when she was promoting this book and I certainly got this vibe from her.

The storyline was thoroughly thought out and planned. It was great! Unique and mysterious and in true Tara Moss style had that investigative charm to it. Add in some paranormal and it's definitely my kind of book. I cannot wait to start the next one! The Spider Goddess


To learn more about Tara and to scope out more of her projects head to her WEBSITE

To purchase your copy of The Blood Countess, head to your nearest bookstore or purchase online from AMAZON



 

4 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this from the book cover to the plot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really interesting book. I especially loved that Tara didn't give much away as to what happens in the next one. It's all very mysterious! Definitely worth reading!

      Delete
  2. I saw the cover, I read the blurb, I read your review, and then I searched for the release date. OMG, it's already out! Definitely looking this one up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is already out. Has been out for quite some time. The sequel is also out which I will review soon. It's one of those books that not too many people know about but it really is great

      Delete

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...