Monday, April 25, 2011

Book Review Captivated an Affliction Novel by D. Apodaca

Title: Captivated
Author: D. Apodaca
Release Date: 10th June 2011

Blurb: Mindy Keenan couldn't shake the feeling that somehow...in a matter of moments...the boy she once knew was not the one standing before her.

After Mindy's childhood best friend, Dean Aiken, shuts her and everyone else out of his life, she learns to move on. Years pass and she gets used to the fact that he's no longer a part of her life, but things begin to change...

Mindy's new best friend, Markus Medina, witnesses Dean kill two people behind a club. Mindy has a hard time believing him, especially when he mentions that the bodies disappear. Poof! Into thin air. Markus decides he has to follow Dean around in order to get evidence that he's been killing people, so he doesn't sound like a nut to the police. Despite Marcus crazy theories about the possibility of Dean not being human. And not to mention the fact that he's dangerous. Mindy can't help that she may be falling in love with him.

Even after hiding their feelings for each other from the world. Dean and Mindy being together stirs up dangers that neither of them could ever imagine. When she finds out about what Dean really is and the world he tried to keep her away from...it's already too late.

My Rating:   A keeper

My Review: I stumbled across this book on facebook and just the cover drew me in. (I'm a sucker when it comes to gorgeous book covers.)
I was lucky enough to be given the chance to read this book and review it and boy i wasn't disappointed. Not only is the cover fantastic but what lays inside is too.

  I just couldn't put this book down it keeps you on your toes all the way through, your alway wondering whats going to happen next. So many twists and turns, not your average vampire story which is a great change.
The characters are just wonderfully written, and always making you smile and laugh.

Mindy she's just so amazing so easy to relate too, her best friend Markus now he's a hoot i truely loved him he reminded me of my bestie. Can't forget hunky Dean *whistles* he can come protect me anytime! *winks* Who could say no to a hottie in leather and who rides a motorcycle?! *giggles*

I'd recommend this book to anyone and everyone... It would have to be one of the best books i've read this year so far and i can't wait to sink my teeth into the next one cause at the end your left wanting more! I must say I was truely *CAPTIVATED* ;)

I just have to include this little teaser oooo it give's me goosebumps -   

I let out a huff and forced a smile. “You’re a vampire.”
I stated.
   Dean tilted his chin up and smiled. “I have no fangs.”
He said through his teeth.
   I examined the glistening white canines. They were
normal, just like mine. “You retract them when you don’t
need them.” I said.
   Dean moved across the table and put his face up to
mine. His mouth was a torturous breath away from my
own. “Then why haven’t I sucked your blood Lina?” He
whispered right before pressing his soft lips against mine.
Then he inched towards my neck and lingered his lips on
my pulse. His soft breathing tickled my skin and triggered
a chill that shot up my spine. My blood jumped to a rush
and began to throb for him. If he were a vampire, I swear
I’d let him suck me. “Why aren’t I biting you right now?”
He whispered. It took everything I had in me not to melt
into the seat and land as a puddle on the ground.


Here's the link to read the first 6 chapters that are posted up on the page.. https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Captivated-An-Affliction-Novel/169646519748914?sk=app_4949752878

You can pre order your copy from.. http://www.amazon.com/Captivated-D-Apodaca/dp/0983392927/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301339204&sr=1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...