Wednesday, September 5, 2012

SPOTLIGHT: Silver Mortal by Jenna Kay w/ Excerpt.

 
Silver Mortal
 
Release date - 21st September 2012
 
There is a world invisible to Untouched eyes, where demons rule the shadows and prey on the innocents. Gracen Potts lives in this world. Her job is to serve and protect those who are oblivious to the monsters hiding from the light.

As a Silver Mortal Gracen has the power to send these demons back to Hell. With the Silver Eagle blood running through her veins she feels like nothing can take her down. That is, until she meets a group of Night Vipers who have escaped the Viper clan.

Can Gracen keep doing her job of demon slaying and protect the rebel Vipers?


Here's a litte about Author Jenna Kay..

Jenna Kay has always had a vivid imagination. Blessed with three older brothers and two loving parents that encouraged her to follow her dreams; she decided to leave an 8 year career of being a cosmetologist to become a full time author. Jenna felt that it was time to bring the supernatural to life. Her novel, “Mark of the Seer” will be Jenna’s first with Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing.
Jenna currently resides in North Georgia where, when not writing, she spends time with her three young children and her loving husband. Jenna’s heart is to impact the lives of young adults that are going through the hardships of this life with a hope that there is way more out there than just the pains of the world.

Places you can stalk Jenna Kay...

Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-of-the-Seer-by-Jenna-Kay/214832985267959
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jenna-Kay/156741071050573
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seer-Society/112358532173215
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Gracen-Chronicles-by-Jenna-Kay/219368591486299
http://www.facebook.com/CrushingHeartsandBlackButterfly

Goodreads
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4700629.Jenna_Kay
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15979925-silver-mortal

Twitter
https://twitter.com/#!/ClarityJennaKay

Website/Blog
http://seersociety.com/global/

http://www.crushingheartsandblackbutterfly.com/


Here's an excerpt to entice you even more...



Excerpt from Chapter 10

Taking in the Fall air, I find it's just how I like it—cool, clear, and crisp. The moon is a big bright ball in the dark sky, and I'm instantly thankful for natures help in lighting our path. Phoenix's footsteps echo behind me, slapping hard against the pavement. Mixed feelings of hope and desperation cling to his skin, and my heart once again grieves for his situation.
I halt my steps suddenly, right in the middle of the empty sidewalk. Turning around I face him, seeing that his hands are deep in his pockets, his shoulders slouched, and his eyes on me. We eyeball each other a moment until I can't take it anymore.
“Why didn't you let me know where you were?” I inquire, giving him a hard glare. He shrugs his shoulders, his gaze falling to the ground.
“I don't know. All I knew at the time was that I needed to be alone.” His gaze drifts back up. “I had to process everything. I had to sit back and evaluate my position.”
“Your position?” I query, confused. What did he mean by that?
He nods. “It's not just me I have to take care of. I have four other souls to think about, to look after. They all depend on me, and look up to me. They trust me. And how do I repay them for their trust? By attacking an Untouched, that's how.”
“You were just upset. You made one mistake.” I take a step forward, reaching for him, but he backs away from me.
“Gracen,” he says, his voice quivering, “they expect me to lead them. What kind ofleader can't control himself in the normal world?”
Taking a step forward, I reach up to place an encouraging hand on his shoulder. This time he stays put.
“Phoenix, you can't let one mistake sidetrack you from your chosen path.” Slowly I lift my hand to his face, palming his cheek. The protective guard to my heart is slipping away, opening up for someone I've only known a short while. “You're not alone anymore. I'll be here for you, but please promise you won't leave me hanging again.”
Studying me, he raises his hand to mine and gives it a gentle squeeze.
“I promise you,” he tells me, his voice deep and soft, “I'll never leave you hanging again.” Gazing down at my lips, his head dips down, and my heart goes into triple beats. I close my eyes, readying myself for his kiss, when suddenly a noise across the street catches our attentions.
Before I can think, Phoenix pulls me into the shadows of the nearest alley. We both crouch down and watch. The Silver Eagle starts burning in my blood, alerting me that midnight has arrived.
Phoenix is stiff and rigid next to me as we both let our supernatural feelers loose to scope the newcomers, hoping to find out if they are human or something else. When a lady giggles abrasively, followed by a man's gruff laugh, I quickly realize that they are human...and extremely drunk. Even from across the street I can smell the liquor on them. They stagger down the sidewalk, stuck in their own boozed-up world. We watch quietly as they enter an apartment building, kissing passionately before going in.
“Gee, I wonder what they're about to do?” Phoenix wonders aloud, sounding amused.
I laugh. “I'm sure they're not going in for a game of Charades.” He begins laughing along with me, but stops when he sees my face.
“Whoa! What happened to your eyes and face?”
Feeling self-conscience I answer, “I go through a transformation after midnight. My eyes turn completely silver, and silver claw marks appear on my face. Why do you ask? Are you freaked-out by my appearance?” Immediately he replies, “No, absolutely not! It's just that I didn't know...”
“I can put on my sunglasses if it makes you feel better.” I pull my black sunglasses out of my pocket and start to place them on my face, but he grabs my hand.
“No, don't,” he whispers, shaking his head. “Don't hide your true self. You're too beautiful.” He's looking at my lips again, and I know he wants to kiss me; I also know we're not going to get any work done if we continue to fawn over each other.
“Come on, Phoenix. We'd better—”
“Do you smell that?” he interrupts, lifting his nose to the air and taking a big whiff.
Confused I sniff the air as well. “No, I don't smell anything.”
He narrows his eyes and that's when I notice some changes in his appearance. I watch in wonder as blackness slowly covers his eyes completely. The black coiled viper becomes more prominent on his cheek, the surface of it on his skin looking slick and oily. He closes his eyes, taking another deep breath. I do the same, trying to free every sense I possess.
Opening my eyes I say, “All I can smell is garbage. What are you smelling?”
Suddenly he opens his black eyes, causing a jump out of me. He doesn't notice. There's a feral, vicious gleam in his blackened pupils, and a growl rises up from his chest. This time the growl sounds deeper, more animal-like than the one at school. At this moment I process reality—I am now seeing his true, supernatural side.
“Trolls,” he says in a hushed growl. “I smell trolls.”



Sounds like an awesome read, ha?! Hope you've all added this book to YOUR to-read lists, I know I have! :-)


1 comment:

  1. I love Mark of the Seer and Silver Mortal sounds like another great read!!! It is on my TBR list and I can't wait until I actually get a chance to read it!!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...