Thursday, February 28, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #4

 
Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
Sorry this is so late, Renee and I have been away at the Harlequin Summit here in Sydney (we'll be posting all about it very soon, so keep an eye out), and silly me forgot to set up the post. So here's the books we're waiting on this week.
 
Stacey's choice...
 
Imitation
by Heather Hildenbrand
Release date: 12th March 2013
 

Everyone is exactly like me.
There is no one like me.
The rough fabric of my cotton nightgown chafes so I lie very still. They say my discomfort comes from being built like one accustomed to niceties. How is that fair when I myself have never experienced anything but copies of the real thing?
My entire life is an imitation.
I am an Imitation.
I’ve been here five years. Training. Preparing. Waiting.
And now I have a letter.
My assignment has begun.
I am a prisoner.
I am not Raven Rogen.
I am here to die.

 
 
I absolutely LOVE Heather's books and I am really looking forward to reading this one. Not long to wait now!!
 
 
Renee's choice...
 
Gameboard Of The Gods
(Age of X #1)
by Richelle Mead
Release date: 4th June 2013
 
 
In a futuristic world nearly destroyed by religious extremists, Justin March lives in exile after failing in his job as an investigator of religious groups and supernatural claims. But Justin is given a second chance when Mae Koskinen comes to bring him back to the Republic of United North America (RUNA). Raised in an aristocratic caste, Mae is now a member of the military’s most elite and terrifying tier, a soldier with enhanced reflexes and skills.

When Justin and Mae are assigned to work together to solve a string of ritualistic murders, they soon realize that their discoveries have exposed them to terrible danger. As their investigation races forward, unknown enemies and powers greater than they can imagine are gathering in the shadows, ready to reclaim the world in which humans are merely game pieces on their board.

 
 
 
 
What are you waiting on?


No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...