Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Book Review: Guardian by Gillian Joy

Title: Guardian
Author: Gillian Joy
Released: 15th September 2011
Genre: Fantasy
Self Published.

Burb: Headstrong and determined, Hannah always knew that she would become the Guardian. She was the keeper and the protector of all supernatural beings. What she didn't expect was that it would mean she would have to endure the agonising death of her mother first hand as their supernatural connection brings her to her knees, or that it would mean that she could never be with the man she loved.
Blond haired, blue eyed Gabriel was her handsome childhood friend, but would circumstances prevent her from ever being able to explore her true feelings for him?
Jesse, the dark alluring but incorrigible vampire would give anything to be with her, but as the guardian Hannah is forbidden to fall in love with the supernatural.
With her life in turmoil over her conflicting emotions about Gabriel and Jesse and her frustration at being unable to exact revenge for her mother’s horrific death, Hannah flees her life in an attempt to start over. But can we ever really escape from ourselves?
There is no escaping destiny no matter how hard she might try and Hannah must learn to reconcile her commitment to her family with her responsibility as the Guardian and her duty to her heart.





My Rating: A MUST READ!!



My Review: I first met author Gillian through a friend. And I gave what advice I could to help her get her book out to the world and I was lucky enough to get a copy to review. I apologise to Gillian for taking so long with this review, life just keeps getting in the way.

Firstly look at that AMAZING cover! It just reels you in and what lies inside hooks you and doesn't let you go.
When I started reading this book I was blown away by how well everything is described, especially the characters, nothing is left out and it gives you an indepth to each character.

Gillian has gone all out with her amazing story, every page brings us something new and exciting. I was literally glued to each page and got all excited and tear jerky in alot of different parts, it takes you on an emotional journey with the main characters Hannah and her best friend Gabriel. The ending will leave you ready to devour more.

This is Gillian debut novel and she has done an exceptional job and I look forward to seeing where book 2 takes us.

If you haven't read this book yet than I recommend you get yourself a copy, sit in a relaxing chair with a hot cuppa and just dive right in you won't be disappointed.


Go check out Gillian's FB page GUARDIAN for all updates and news.

BUY LINKS: KINDLE OR SMASHWORDS

6 comments:

  1. Great review!!! I'll definitely pick up a copy soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover and have this in my tbr pile ;)

    kat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Stacey. :) These sort of reviews really make me smile. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more, and I'm just half way through! It's one of those books that I'm desperate to rush through, to find out what happens next, yet I'm really trying to restrain myself and take my time to savor every word, every moment. So thanks for this review; it was after reading your review a while ago, that I just had to download a copy of this fabulous book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad, my review helped you find this book. :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a great series counting down the days for Revenge to be released :)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...