Saturday, October 22, 2011

Book Review: Every Last Kiss by Courtney Cole

Title- Every Last Kiss
Author- Courtney Cole
Genre- Historical Fiction/ Romance/ Fantasy/ YA
Release Date- April 21st 2011
Publisher- Lakehouse Press
Rating- 4/5

Blurb- What would you do if you held Fate in your hands? 17-year old Macy Lockhart has the weight of the world on her shoulders. For thousands of years, she has been a Keeper in the ancient organization, the Order of the Moirae… and she literally holds fate in her hands. But this is something that she forgets because her memories are wiped clean in every life until it is time
for her cycle to start again. For the last two thousand years, this has never been a problem. Until now. And now…Fate, the very thing that Macy was born to keep, is being challenged and she has only one choice: To return to a previous life to fix it; a life where she was Cleopatra’s handmaiden, Charmian. And that’s not all. Unless she interferes with the fabric of time, the very thing she has returned to repair, her soul mate will die leading Marc Antony’s forces against Rome. Can she really stand aside and allow the love of her life to die all over again?

Review- This was not what I expected at all! Now as a pre warning there may be some SPOILERS in here... When I started reading Every Last Kiss I was thinking “oh gosh not Cleopatra and Marc Antony!” Only because I have not long finished watching the Rome mini series on DVD. So as I was reading all I could think of in the way of their descriptions and attitudes were what they were like in Rome, which was not very nice. And as I was reading their fateful ending I pretty much ran the scene from Rome through my head. So it's fair to say I didn't have a great starting experience of Every Last Kiss. Then before I had a chance to get use to the idea of reading about them I am thrown 2000 years forward! Utter confusion was my first thought. I was trying to figure out how this all worked in together. So from the important historical happenings of Cleopatras untimely death we go to the not so important relationship troubles of Macy Lockhart. She has just found out that her boyfriend of 2 years Derek had cheated on her. So as does most 17 year old girls who gets their heart broken they seek out revenge somehow. So with the help of her best friend Jessa, Macy destroys everything ever owned or given to her by Derek and dumps it in the tray of his truck... Sounds fair to me! Then the fun begins. At home waiting for her was a package containing a Bloodstone left by an unknown person. Hmmmmm, brain starts ticking away, “who could it be???” Macy starts seeing visions (A dark pair of eyes in particular) and starts to think she is crazy when Annen (a priest) appears in her bedroom who takes her back 2000 years to the time of Cleopatras ruling. The Bloodstone being an aide to help her time travel. So she is back 2000 years and back to her previous lifes body- Charmain. Her memories of her previous life are restored.
Courtney Cole has a different versionof Cleoptra and Marc Antony for us to see. Instead of being the horrible power hungry people we were lead to believe she shows us a loving, kind and generous couple. Being Cleoptras right hand lady, Charmain (Macy) knows all that is going to happen to them having done it already 2000 years ago and the worst part is, she has to let it
happen again so to not change history. It also means letting her soul mate Hasani die again too. Now Hasani I am grateful for. He wasn't in the Rome series so I could make him up in my head all on my own ;) He is the perfect gentleman. The dark dreamy kind, I would gladly take him home. Now I cant give too much away, even though I want to just tell the entire story! The story from when she was taken back 2000 years is just fantastic! So much happens from getting her bloodstone stolen to power hungry people wanting to change Fate. I have a confession, I did shed a tear or two but I will NOT tell you why. I am itching to tell you the fate of Charmain and Hasani but I have to try and keep my mouth shut!
Cournet Cole has really done an awesome job putting Every Last Kiss together. Just by reading this you can tell the amount of research that she has done to make it as close to history as possible but still putting her own personal touches into it. She has kept it real. The way she describes Egypt as such a beautiful, magical place makes me want to go there, but 2000 years ago! After my rocky start, I just loved it! It's such a nice change to read something as fresh as Every Last Kiss was. I would definetely recommend everyone who loves YA/ Romance to read it. Even if you're not into history (like I am) you will thoroughly enjoy it. And to make it even better there are 2 more books to follow, which I will definetely be reading. Fated and With My Last Breath are
books 2 and 3 in the Bloodstone Saga. So make sure you check them outonce you have finished with Every Last Kiss.
To find out more about Courtney Cole check her out on FACEBOOK ,  GOODREADS  OR  WEBSITE


To purchase your copy of Every Last Kiss
check out KINDLE OR AMAZON PB 

1 comment:

  1. I love historical fiction. gotta try this one some time :)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...