Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Belonging Book Review Tour: Review - Belonging by Karen Ann Hopkins

Temptation

Temptation – Book 1 on Goodreads | Facebook
Get a copy of Temptation on: Amazon | B&N | Indiebound
 
 
Your heart misleads you.
That’s what my friends and family say. 
But I love Noah.
And he loves me. 
We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in those moments in each other’s arms.
It should be 
ROSE & NOAH
forever, easy.
But it won’t be.
Because he’s Amish.
And I’m not.
 

Belonging

Belonging – Book 2 on Goodreads

Get a copy of Belonging : Amazon | B&N | Indiebound


I left everything I knew behind.
But it was worth it. He was worth it.
No one thought an ordinary girl like me would last two minutes living with the Amish, not even me. There are a lot more rules and a lot less freedom, and I miss my family and the life I once had. Worst of all, Noah and I aren’t even allowed to see each other. Not until I’ve proven myself.
If I can find a way to make it work, we’ll be NOAH & ROSE  together forever.
But not everybody believes this is where I belong.


My Rating:
 
 
5 SASSY BOOKS!
 
 
 
 
 
My Review:
 
My goodness, my brain is still trying to absorb everything I've just read. Hopkins doesn't disappoint with another riveting installment in the Temptation series. After finishing Temptation, I couldn't wait to dive right into Belonging so I could find out how everything was going to play out. And boy, what a play out it was!!

Rose has just made the biggest decision of her life, she's left her family, friends, dancing, everything she's known and loved behind to become Amish. As long as she had Noah, Rose could get through anything they threw at her. After weeks of being obedient and learning the ways, Rose finally gets what she's wanted all along, to go into a courtship with Noah. And besides all the rules the feeling of being together over rides anything else. But slowly Rose is beginning to miss her old life, she misses her family and friends, being able to wear what she wants..including her watch, lol.  Than her brothers and father do the unspeakable, they ambush her and drag her back home. The strain on Rose and Noah's relationship is really put to the test in this book, will love really conquer all?

From the first page I was glued, I devoured the whole book within a day and now I'm dying to read what's going to happen next, Hopkin's left us a doozy of an ending...I'm dying here!!! LOL!
I just love Hopkins's unique writing style, she makes everything flow and come alive in your minds eye. With never a dull moment, so many twists and turns there's always an unexpected surprise around every corner. I was full of mixed emotions. I was biting my nails cause I was scared for Rose and sniffling cause of the heartache they endure. I just love all the characters, from the old sweet Amish ladies to the smart mouthed young men, to the young Amish ladies looking for a little fun. A few characters *cough* Levi *cough* Ellie *cough* I really wanted to give them a good kick up the butt!!
I also loved the third person, Sam. Not only were we reading from Rose & Noah's POV but we also got an insight into Rose's older brother Sam's life. It definitely spiced things up a bit. ^_^

2014 can't come fast enough!! I can't WAIT to read the final installment in Rose & Noah's story.
 



About Karen Ann Hopkins

 

A native of New York State, Karen Ann Hopkins now lives with her family on a farm in northern Kentucky, where her neighbors in all directions are members of a strict Amish community. Her unique perspective became the inspiration for the story of star-crossed lovers Rose and Noah. When she’s not homeschooling her kids, giving riding lessons or tending to a menagerie of horses, goats, peacocks, chickens, ducks, rabbits, dogs and cats, she is dreaming up her next romantic novel.

 
Giveaway
 
We have 3 copies of Temptation and 3 copies of Belonging to giveaway during the Review Tour and the second is a HarlequinTEEN Surprise Package full of books and swag!!

Contest is open US/CAN only and will run through September!







 




No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...