Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Review- Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L James

Title- Fifty Shades of Grey
Author- E.L James
Genre- Exotica
Publish Date- 26th May 2011
Publisher- The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House

Blurb- When literature student Anastasia Steele is drafted to interview the successful young entrepreneur Christian Grey for her campus magazine, she finds him attractive, enigmatic and intimidating. Convinced their meeting went badly, she tries to put Grey out of her mind - until he happens to turn up at the out-of-town hardware store where she works part-time.

The unworldly, innocent Ana is shocked to realize she wants this man, and when he warns her to keep her distance it only makes her more desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her - but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey's singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success – his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving adoptive family – Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a passionate, physical and daring affair, Ana learns more about her own dark desires, as well as the Christian Grey hidden away from public scrutiny.

Can their relationship transcend physical passion? Will Ana find it in herself to submit to the self-indulgent Master? And if she does, will she still love what she finds?

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.


Review- Obsess and Possess me! Darn straight it did! What a sexy, erotic way to spend your reading time! Far out! I tell you what, I sure did learn a thing or two (note to self, don't read sequels while waiting for the doctors like the first one. Everyone looks at you funny!)

Look to be honest I don't know what to say about this book. I am just so lost for words when it comes to trying to describe it. I was left blushing, sweating and heated to the core! I didn't think you could have so many lemons in one book! (Not a bad thing!) James had me eating her every word from the very first chapter. I don't know how she wrote this without having to take herself away from it to fix tensions growing inside her (or did she? Hmmmm.) But it's not just about the lemons. Christian's mysterious, tormented childhood pulled at my heart strings. Even though we don't find out what happens to him, the hints that are given saddened my soul. And no matter how dominating he got and how wrong some of his fetishes seemed, I couldn't feel disgust towards him. If anything he just made me lust for him more as what happens with Ana in the book. Their relationship makes for a rollercoaster ride of emotion and yearning through the entire book. There are literally no boring bits. Zero disappointment. I can't pick one flaw. NOT ONE!

James must have one amazing sense of humor. I found myself in fits of giggles at some of the jokes and emails she had in the book. (My husband thought I was going bonkers) My favourite- SHOUTY CAPITALS. I recently read somewhere that James claims she's really not that good of a writer. Well let me tell you this E.L James, I don't care what you say, I thought it was amazing, sensual, funny, meaningful, exotic, intense and just plain and simply ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS I HAVE EVER READ!

The only thing I didn't like, I brought it from the YA section in Big W?!?!?! Not for young people at all!

So my recommendation to you is- Do yourself a favour go and buy it (and its 2 sequels), lock yourself in your room for a few days and let it take you over. It engrossed me to no end and if it doesn't do the same to you then there is something seriously wrong with you!

Fifty Shades of Grey is available from most book stores or you can purchase it from BARNES & NOBLE and AMAZON.

For more information on E.L James and her other books you can visit her blog HERE.

Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed are books 2 and 3 in this trilogy and they are also available now.

What are you still doing here! Go and get them RIGHT NOW! (Yes I am using the SHOUTY CAPTALS!)

13 comments:

  1. I haven't read it yet but am intrigued - maybe I might learn a thing or two for my own writing :) Thanks for your review xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this book as well and your review pretty much hits the nail on the head. I do have to agree with the author though, she's definitely not some superstar writer.. there were quite a few mistakes and certain things could have been better but she is an AMAZING story teller.

    Wait til you read Darker .. I liked it better than the first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started reading Darker last night and I am already liking it more than this one. And I loved this one!

      Delete
  3. I am reading Fifty shades darker and im so into it all i want to do is read! i have never thought i would like a book like this and im so into it!!! I love your review and i totally know what you go thru with the giggles and the smiling!! happens to me!! hahah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got mine in the mail....i know what i will be doing this week end

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA i love it, I read them a few weeks ago and FELL in love..Mr.Grey is in my dreams every night! Teehee;)))) GREAT review love;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been seeing these books everywhere and the other day I thought stuff it I will just buy the three of them, OMG so glad I did I Finished the first one and started the second one yesterday.

    I have never really read anything like it but I love love loved it! and I like how one minute i'm thinking I can't stand you Christian your a complete asshat! Then I'm all awwwww isn't he a sweety lol and the interaction between him and Ana is fantastic!Especially the emails between them!!

    I can't wait to get stuck into the second book!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cant wait to read the 2nd book hope she writes moire books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally love theses books. After all the talkI heard of these books and my friend telling me she enjoyed them, I went ahead and downloaded the first book. I was pleasantly surprised. I love the dynamics between Ana and Christian. I also learned a couple of things. Lol. They both were able to learn a few things and move out of there comfort zones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you. I absolutely love this series and will most likely read them many more times in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this book and I love Christian Grey!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this book, I have read all three of them and can't wait to read the one in Christian's POV.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Honestly I am still torn on whether or not to read these books... I have been hoping to borrow them from a friend, rather than investing, just in case I am not thrilled... and yet. I read what I thought was a parody and it wasn't... loved that: Fifty Shades of Silver Hair and Socks by Phil Torcivia - would recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...