Sunday, September 24, 2017

New Release - Merakai by Dzintra Sullivan

Title - Merakai

Series - Halfway House Series (Book 6 of 7)

Author - Dzintra Sullivan

Genre - Paranormal, Romantic Comedy

Release Date - September 24th, 2017

Buy It Now

BLURB

I'm Merakai. I was born on the Island of Shadows and thought I'd die here, kind of wish I had. The daughter of a naiad and a shadow walker has left me with a unique ability to use any water surface as a portal of escape. I don't trust anyone. How can I? When I know there’s a price on my head, and a rider ready to collect?
Barren, a handsome blood mage I met on the Island, well, I like him, a lot. He looks at me like I’m something special. My father stole his blood and has it hidden away, it’s his 'ace card' to save him from a death sentence. Where do the lines of family loyalty and destined love lie?

Ivan Grey, the single most despised person in recent history, is my father. I hate him. I want him dead. I want him to pay the price he’s inflicted on others.

But... he is my father.

BUY LINKS

Available Exclusively on Amazon





EXCERPT

“So…” She buckled up and relaxed back into the white faux leather seats. “What, where and why?”

“Pardon?” Barren spoke, his head slightly tilted to his shoulder, eyes remaining firmly planted on the road ahead.

“Where is the parlor? What are you getting? And Why?” she repeated.

Barren nodded. “Ohh… well, Ashja recommended a shop on the other side of town, ‘Ink Balz,’ he said a few of the wolves run it.” Barren flipped a look back at Merakai, the word wolf made her wince slightly. “Wolves here aren’t like on the Island, the last few weeks we’ve been going to ‘Hair Balz’ a local bar run by the pack.”

Torsten jumped in, “Dolph is the pack leader. Between you and me I think he has a massive crush on Eloise.” Wiggling his eyebrows. “He’s like a big puppy begging to have his tummy rubbed whenever he’s near her.” He laughed.

“You both sound like you’ve settled in fast,” Merakai said, a slight ping of jealousy to her voice. Her focus had been on her father and everyone judging her because of that fact. Yet, sitting here in the back of a car, traveling to a tattoo parlor was the most fun she’d had in months. She could feel the stress leaching from her muscles. This was exactly what she needed and the two guys she needed it to be with.

“What’s not to like?” Torsten chuckled, sitting back into the front seat, his hands linked behind his head. “This is heaven. We have a warm bed, we have food that we don’t have to hunt down first. There are people who care about us, not to mention the freedom to come and go. Pubs, clubs, beaches and even a tattoo shop…” Torsten’s smile was sincere. “How could anyone not be happy here… I love Havenlea and never want to leave.”

“I guess…” Merakai said, her sight drifting to the trees passing at a speed that created a constant green blur at the window.

“Raki?” Can I call you that?” Torsten asked tentatively. She nodded and he continued, “Cool, okay, Rakes babe, what’s up?” Twisting his body to sit sideways on the chair, his arm bent and rested on the top of the seat. “The three of us shared the Island, nothing can change that, but we can help each other.” He looked at Barren then back to Merakai in the back seat. “Even Whitey here can be a warm and fuzzy guy.”

“We shared the Island but in very different ways. You were sent there, I was born there. Not to mention… my father,” Merakai’s voice was quiet and distant.

Barren nodded. “Yeah, your dad is a dick.” Torsten hit his arm. “Oomph… What?” Barren followed Torsten’s flicking eyes to look at Merakai in the rearview mirror, she had sunken even further into the back seat. “Oh, fuck, sorry,” Barren apologized. “Hey, at least you know he’s a dick. I don’t even know who my dad is, and believe me he could be an even bigger dick than yours for all I know.” Barren laughed. “Besides, we aren’t defined by the dicks that are our parents… the ones we know or the ones we don’t know.”

“You’re a fucking dick.” Torsten rolled his eyes as laughter escaped Merakai’s mouth.

“That he is,” Merakai said softly.

“Hey,” Barren faked his shock at being called a dick. “There’s the shop. Let’s go get this dick inked.” He pulled the hand brake up as the engine shut down. “Wait, not my dick, but my… oh fuck.” Barren laughed and growled at Torsten for making him look like a bigger dick in front of the hot chick.

“Don’t growl at me, fido, you’re holding your own dick on this one.” Torsten held his hands up as he got out of the car, opening the back door for Merakai to exit. Merakai trying her best, but unsuccessfully not to laugh, as she followed the two guys into the shop.


AUTHOR BIO & LINKS



My name is Dzintra Sullivan and I am an author based on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia.
I am happily married to an amazing Canadian man and a mother of four delightful children. I fell in love with books as a young girl, reading Judy Blume and Enid Blyton. I progressed onto loving the supernatural genre as a teenager and never left. I write romantic comedies with a paranormal twist, my motto being "Love Is Love, no matter species you are".
I write to escape the normal, my books are heavy in humor, heavy in sarcasm, and heavy in love. Even readers who aren't a fan of paranormal, love my books. They are not the normal paranormal books, nor am I the normal kind of author.
Take a chance, pick up one of my books, and escape with me.

Website

Newsletter

Facebook

Amazon

Goodreads

Twitter @DzintraSullivan

Instagram #DZINTRA_SULLIVAN_AUTHOR



Promotion proudly supported by Love, Lust & Erotic Pleasures

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...