Friday, January 13, 2017

Book Review - A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard




A Quiet Kind of Thunder
by Sara Barnard
Release date - 12th January, 2017
Published by - Pan MacMillan Australia


Steffi doesn't talk, but she has so much to say.
Rhys can't hear, but he can listen.
Their love isn't a lightning strike, it's the rumbling roll of thunder.


Steffi has been a selective mute for most of her life - she's been silent for so long that she feels completely invisible. But Rhys, the new boy at school, sees her. He's deaf, and her knowledge of basic sign language means that she's assigned to look after him. To Rhys, it doesn't matter that Steffi doesn't talk, and as they find ways to communicate, Steffi finds that she does have a voice, and that she's falling in love with the one person who makes her feel brave enough to use it. 





My Rating:


4 SASSY BOOKS!!



My Review: 

Sara Barnard has created a beautiful and compelling story about a young girls struggle with anxiety, mutism and first love. 

Steffi battled everyday with herself to try and speak but words would mostly only flow when she was with family or her best friend. Even in school the words seemed to get lost.
 I'm a very shy person and have been called a "homebody" because I prefer my books to most human interaction (I'm sure I'm not the only one out there lol), so I could relate to Steffi's stress and anxiety about people and doing things out of the comfort zone. I really felt for her.
 
I really loved watching Steffi come out of her shell. After she met Rhys she just seems to grow and blossom.

   
I look forward to reading more of Sara Barnard's work ^_^



Go pick up a copy today and get started. ^_^


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...