Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Review- The Annihilation of Foreverland by Tony Bertauski

Title- Annihilation of Foreverland
Author- Tony Bertauski
Genre- YA/ Science Fiction
Publish Date- 31st of December 2011
Publisher- Self Published

Blurb- When kids awake on an island, they’re told there was an accident. Before they can go home, they will visit Foreverland, an alternate reality that will heal their minds. Reed dreams of a girl that tells him to resist Foreverland. He doesn’t remember her name, but knows he once loved her. He’ll have to endure great suffering and trust his dream. And trust he’s not insane. Danny Boy, the new arrival, meets Reed’s dream girl inside Foreverland. She’s stuck in the fantasy land that no kid can resist. Where every heart’s desire is satisfied. Why should anyone care how Foreverland works? Together, they discover what it’s really doing to them.







Review- I am struggling with how I feel about this book. For one, it took me forever to read, and not because of it's length. I literally fell asleep every time I tried to read it. It didn't really capture my attention. I found myself confused with the storyline for the first 65% of the book. I had no idea where it was going or what was happening half the time. It just seemed to drag. However once you pass the first 65% of the book it does start to get interesting. Major elements of the story start unfolding and we start to understand what is actually happening and why the boys are on this island in the first place. The last 35% of the book is quite fast paced and entertaining. It is just disappointing that I had to wait so long to start actually enjoying it.

The concept of the story however is really interesting. Without giving too much away, think of the movie "The Island". The concept is quite similar but with an insane and quite disturbing twist at the end.

As you can tell, my thoughts on The Annihilation of Foreverland are quite jumbled. I didn't like the first 3 quarters of it but I liked the concept and ending. I don't think this book is for everyone. If you're into Sci Fi then definitely give it a go but if not then it's probably best leave this one off of your TBR pile.

If you want to check it out for yourself head on over to Amazon to grab your KINDLE COPY or PAPERBACK

You can stalk Tony and his other projects through the following links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...