Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #14

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
Here's our choices for this week...
 
Stacey's choice...
 
 
The Beautiful and the Cursed
(The dispossessed #1)
by Page Morgan
Release date: 14th May 2013
Published by: Delacorte Books
Genre: Young Adult
 


After a bizarre accident, Ingrid Waverly is forced to leave London with her mother and younger sister, Gabby, trading a world full of fancy dresses and society events for the unfamiliar city of Paris.

In Paris there are no grand balls or glittering parties, and, disturbingly, the house Ingrid’s twin brother, Grayson, found for them isn’t a house at all. It’s an abandoned abbey, its roof lined with stone gargoyles that could almost be mistaken for living, breathing creatures.

And Grayson has gone missing.

No one seems to know of his whereabouts but Luc, a devastatingly handsome servant at their new home.

Ingrid is sure her twin isn’t dead—she can feel it deep in her soul—but she knows he’s in grave danger. It will be up to her and Gabby to navigate the twisted path to Grayson, a path that will lead Ingrid on a discovery of dark secrets and otherworldly truths. And she’ll learn that once they are uncovered, they can never again be buried.
 
 
 
 
 
Renee's choice...
 
 
These Broken Stars
(Starbound #1)
by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Release date: 10th December 2013
Published by: Disney Hyperion
Genre: YA/Science Fiction
 


It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone.

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they’re worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help.

Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other’s arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever?

Everything changes when they uncover the truth behind the chilling whispers that haunt their every step. Lilac and Tarver may find a way off this planet. But they won’t be the same people who landed on it.
 
 
 
 
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON THIS WEEK??

8 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to both of these as well! Especially the first one, I love Gargoyles so I'm curious to see how it goes. Great picks this week!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! Both books sound great, I hadn't heard of the first one, but it's going on my TBR list for sure.

    New Follower :)

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both amazing picks! I haven't heard of the first one, but I'm glad I have now. What a beautiful cover!!! (on both, really)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not interested in reading the first book but the second book sounds great. I hope you enjoy reading both! Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I can´t eait to read These Broken Stars.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. These Broken Stars sounds sooooo good!! I can't wait to read it. :D Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are both so awesome! I have The Beautiful and the Cursed, I hope I can read it soon, and I really like the cover of These Broken Stars!

    Thanks for stopping by last week! Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
    Check out what I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to hear what you our followers think, thank you for your wonderful comments. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...